We appreciate volunteers who can make a consistent commitment. Typical opportunities include shelving books, covering/labeling books, doing displays, handyman work, preparing story time craft materials and helping at special events. If you would like to volunteer, contact us! However, the library is currently not accepting court-ordered Community Service volunteers.
Are you a local community member with an interesting job or hobby? We might be interested in having you as a guest for Story Time. In the past, we've had the EMS crew with their ambulance and the Marshall FFA with a farm animal petting zoo. However, please note that this is not an opportunity to promote your business or sell items.
To really make a difference to our library, join the Friends of the Library. More information about that can be found here.
The Marshall Community Library is very grateful for any cash donations. These donations allow us to do more for our community, are tax deductible, and can sometimes be earmarked for specific purposes. If you are looking to donate to something specific at the library, ask us about:
- Book Memorials -- we use your monetary donation to buy books, which we select, in memory of someone special. A commemorative bookplate is place inside the front cover. We try to accommodate requests for specific types of books (on fishing, trains, etc).
- Donations to the Friends -- these donations are not to the library itself, but to the 501(c)3 Friends organization..
- Special Projects -- landscaping, improving the childrens area, art collections, etc.
The library gladly accepts book and movie donations* to add to our collection, or for the Friends annual book sale. We will help you unload your vehicle! If you can, please call us in advance. Donations to the library are tax deductable; ask us for a receipt for your donated items. Sorry, we can no longer accept encyclopedia sets, old magazines (including National Geographic) or Readers Digest books.
The library is also always looking for donations of:
- Bandannas for the Friends dog wash fundraiser (every dog gets a bandanna or hair bow)
- Clean, gently-used Halloween costumes for our Costume Swap
_ Clean boxes for boxing up books (boxes MUST have a lid or flaps that close)
-Brand new items, gift cards and other exceptional items for our Silent Auction, Summer Reading Program prizes, etc.
*Please note that once you donate an item, it belongs to the library to do with as we see fit. Sometimes, donations don't work out in the library's collection and may be recyled, sold at the book sale, etc.