Friends of the Marshall Community Library
2022 Annual Scholarship Award
Every year, The Friends award $250 to a graduating Marshall Senior who meets the requirements below. The scholarship application can be downloaded by clicking here.
Applications are due April 30th 2022. They should submitted to the Committe via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Friends Scholarship" in the subject line, or mailed or delivered to the library, c/o "Friends Scholarship".
1. Scholarship will be given to one graduating senior who:
- Is attending the Marshall High School, or is a resident in the Marshall School District.
- Has a grade point average of at least 2.75
- Is planning to continue their education
2. Criteria for choosing recipient:
- Student has a history of using the Marshall Library and its resources,
- Student has demonstrated advocacy for the Marshall Library
3. The Committee will reach a decision by numerical ranking of criteria with total scores determining the recipient.
4. Scholarship may not be given out in a year if the Friends determine there are no worthy recipients.
5. Applicants must complete the Scholarship Application and submit it to the Committee via mail or email (email@example.com) by April 30, along with a copy of the 1st semester report card or other appropriate documentation that shows aptitude.
6. Scholarship committee will consist of ;
- One Friends Board member
- One Library staff member
- One Friends member.
No committee member will determine award for a relative.
7. Scholarship will consist of $250.