Friends of the Marshall Community Library
2021 Annual Scholarship Award
Every year, The Friends award $250 to a graduating Marshall Senior who meets the requirements below. The scholarship application can be downloaded by clicking here.
Applications are due May 11th 2021. They should submitted to the Committe via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Scholarship will be given to one graduating senior who:
- Is attending the Marshall High School, or is a resident in the Marshall School District.
- Has a grade point average of at least 2.75
- Is planning to continue their education
2. Criteria for choosing recipient:
- Student has a history of using the Marshall Library and its resources,
- Student has demonstrated advocacy for the Marshall Library
3. The Committee will reach a decision by numerical ranking of criteria with total scores determining the recipient.
4. Scholarship may not be given out in a year if the Friends determine there are no worthy recipients.
5. Applicants must complete the Scholarship Application submit it to the Committee via email (email@example.com) by May 11, along with a copy of the 1st semester report card or other appropriate documentation that shows aptitude.
6. Scholarship committee will consist of ;
- One Friends Board member
- One Library staff member
- One Friends member.
No committee member will determine award for a relative.
7. Scholarship will consist of $250.