Participate in our Summer Reading Program to stay sharp and beat “summer slide"!
This year, our theme is “Imagine Your Story", and runs from June 15th to July 31st. We will be using a new app called 'Beanstack' to help you keep track of your reading and prize tickets digitally.
Click on the picture above, or download the Beanstack app from the iTunes Store or the Google Play Store.
Sign up right in the Beanstack app and start logging your reading to win prizes! If you are unable to use the app, you can sign up at the library and pick up a paper reading log.
Open to Marshall Library users of all ages!
FAMILY SUMMER READING PROGRAM PLANNED ACTIVITIES:
Story Walk and Ice Cream Social --July 6th, 4-7pm Meet outside the library and take your family on an interactive, self-guided walk around the library and through Deerhaven Park to read 'Silly Sally' by Audrey Woods. Enjoy a free ice cream treat after the story! This reading experience can be counted towards your summer reading minutes, AND can earn you activity points towards additional drawing tickets! Free. Family friendly. All ages welcome!
"Juggling Funny Stories!"--Date TBA
Chris Fascione's show includes comedy, juggling, story telling and audience participation. Join us for an evening of great family entertainment.
Water Rockets--Date TBA
Build your own rocket and then shoot it into the sky with high pressure water power! Wear clothes you can get wet in. If you can, please bring 1-2 clean 2 liter bottles with their caps.
Best for ages 6 and up.
Three Little Pigs Craft--Date TBA
Test your building skills against the big bad wolf. Building materials are provided in the maker space area. Open any time the library is open this week.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM RULES
1) You must have a valid library card to participate. Need a library card? They’re free! Kids: Bring a parent. Adults: bring in a WI photo ID & proof of current address (something you got in the mail within the last 3 months).
2) All books or materials used must be checked out from Marshall Library.
3) You must claim prizes by August 31st.
4) Push yourself. You should read books that are at or above your skill level.
5) If you are participating in more than one library’s summer reading program, please don’t “double dip.” (For example, don’t read 1 book for 20 minutes and then use that to get an incentive from another library AND from us.)
6) Parents are responsible for children at all events.