Participate in our Summer Reading Program to stay sharp and beat “summer slide"!
This year, our theme is “Tales and Tails" and runs from June 7th to July 31st. We will be using the new 'Beanstack' app again to help you keep track of your reading and prize tickets digitally.
Click on the picture above, or download the Beanstack app from the iTunes Store or the Google Play Store.
Sign up right in the Beanstack app and start logging your reading to win prizes! If you are unable to use the app, you can sign up at the library and pick up a paper reading log.
Open to Marshall Library users of all ages!
FAMILY SUMMER READING PROGRAM PLANNED ACTIVITIES:
Handa's Surprise Story Walk--June 8th, 3-6pm
Discover Handa's surprise as you walk around the library and through Deerhaven park for this interactive story and earn your own surprise!
Animal Abassadors--June 15th, 1-3pm
Check out local farm animals up close. FFA students will bring their animals to the library for you to meet. Play games! Win prizes! Free and family friendly. All ages welcome!
"Wildlife Tails & Tales"--June 22nd, 6-7 pm
Why does a Beaver have a flat tail? Why do water turtles like a long tail? Naturalist David Stokes will use humor, puppets and live creatures to help us learn more about wildlife and their tails. Join us for an evening of great family entertainment. This event will be held outdoors, so you are welcome to bring your own lawn chairs or blanket.
Tortoise and Hare Races--July 1st, 10am-4pm
Make a tortoise and a hare in our makerspace, and then race them against each other to see who's fastest!
Animal Parade and Climbing Monkey Craft--July 6-10
Stop by the library anytime this week and add your favorite animal to our sidewalk chalk animal parade. We'll supply the chalk, you see how long you can make our parade! We will also have an adorable climbing monkey craft for you to make at home or in our makerspace.
Scavenger Hunt --July 13th, 3-6pm @ Converse Park
The 'Library Zoo' has lost its animals. Can you find them all? Look for the missing animals hidden around Converse Park. Complete the Scavenger Hunt to earn a treat!
Beaded Lizard Craft--July 19-24
Come into the library and make a lizard or frog out of beads in our makerspace. If you prefer to make yours at home, take home kits will be available.
"Imagine the Impossible" magic show--July 27th, 6pm
Enjoy a fun family evening with Scott Obermann as he demonstrates his magical talents. This event will be held outdoors, so you are welcome to bring your own lawn chairs or blanket.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM RULES
1) You must have a valid library card to participate. Need a library card? They’re free! Kids: Bring a parent. Adults: bring in a WI photo ID & proof of current address (something you got in the mail within the last 3 months).
2) All books or materials used must be checked out from Marshall Library.
3) You must claim prizes by August 31st.
4) Push yourself. You should read books that are at or above your skill level.
5) If you are participating in more than one library’s summer reading program, please don’t “double dip.” (For example, don’t read 1 book for 20 minutes and then use that to get an incentive from another library AND from us.)
6) Parents are responsible for children at all events.